Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fight against CRT in Schools
Please carefully screen private school options. We left our private school after 8+ years when teachers and administration adroitly and unapologetically began to indoctrinate middle schoolers. Concerned parents were ostracized and made example of. Heartbreaking and frightening. Counter programming my child is not what I committed to nor paid for. It happened regularly, if not daily. Sometimes as subtle as a teacher giggling at a rude comment a student would make about the former president or as bold as the cancellation of orchestra practice to show a video about white supremacy and music theory. Sigh.

Can anyone speak to the climate/practices at Western HS related to this topic?
(06-21-2021, 03:43 PM)Gocubs Wrote: Please carefully screen private school options. We left our private school after 8+ years when teachers and administration adroitly and unapologetically began to indoctrinate middle schoolers. Concerned parents were ostracized and made example of.  Heartbreaking and frightening. Counter programming my child is not what I committed to nor paid for. It happened regularly, if not daily. Sometimes as subtle as a teacher giggling at a rude comment a student would make about the former president or as bold as the cancellation of orchestra practice to show a video about white supremacy and music theory.  Sigh.

Can anyone speak to the climate/practices at Western HS related to this topic?

Would you be comfortable sharing which school you left? Our kids are currently at Covenant and we are very happy with the direction they are going, but are certainly going to monitor the situation carefully. It may not work for everyone, but homeschooling is also an option and there are bunches of local parents who are homeschooling.