Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VA Gubernatorial Race 2021–Speak up!
How do we have a positive effect on the outcome of the upcoming election? I have included a link below to an article from CNN (!) discussing how VA could be viewed as the canary in the coal mine as to how the Republican Party may fare post-Trump.

Current Republican candidates include:
Pete Snyder (local)
Amanda Chase
Kirk Cox

I would love to hear members weigh in on the above candidates, favor pro-Trump candidate or more moderate?, drumming up local support and affecting local opinions, fundraising, can we beat the Democrat candidate?

I have enjoyed being part of our Conservative group from our beginnings on NextDoor. And I like our discussions. But I keep feeling that our point (or at least one of them) needs to be getting Conservative leaders elected.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/politics/...index.html
Its tough with the way NOVA dominates the vote, do you go for a staunch conservative that supports your values but won't do well in the North, or do you go for someone more moderate that can appeal to women in the suburbs ? You would think that there's some ground to the right of the crazy left that could win in VA, but we have been burned by a lot of RINOs lately that concede a lot but still struggle to get elected.
I have been a supporter of Amanda Chase, but after the press she has gotten around Jan 6 and subsequent censure (for which she is suing), I don't think there is any chance she could win VA. I am not familiar with the other candidates, but will definitely research them. I wish NoVA would secede from the state....
(02-20-2021, 12:52 PM)Sarahbelle Wrote: I have been a supporter of Amanda Chase, but after the press she has gotten around Jan 6 and subsequent censure (for which she is suing), I don't think there is any chance she could win VA. I am not familiar with the other candidates, but will definitely research them. I wish NoVA would secede from the state....

I like her too but I’m not sure she can pull off Trump’s type of attitude and behavior without him being President. Trump had the fame and clout to behave like he did. In the end, we need someone who can get something done so they have to be able to reach across the aisle. That said, I am not interested in a RINO and I get the impression that’s Kirk Cox. That leaves Pete Snyder. His daughter goes to St. Anne’s and I know of the family. I believe he ran for Lt. Gov. before (and lost). This past year, he and his wife started the VA 30 Day Fund which was a huge success and helped a lot of VA businesses! Google it for more info. So he somewhat made a name for himself across the state. I will be watching/listening with interest to choose a candidate soon. We DESPERATELY need a conservative in office before the leftists run amok and completely ruin the state. The governor’s rollout of the vaccine is his latest catastrophe.

And I COMPLETELY agree about Northern VA. Being from SW VA, we have been complaining for years that NOVA ruins our state. SW VA never gets the money or attention it deserves b/c the government is always trying to appease NOVA and give them what they want. Democrats in SW VA look like Republicans compared to NOVA Democrats! No one in SW VA would ever think that the government had any right to regulate gun ownership for example.

(02-18-2021, 10:41 PM)kevin Wrote: Its tough with the way NOVA dominates the vote, do you go for a staunch conservative that supports your values but won't do well in the North, or do you go for someone more moderate that can appeal to women in the suburbs ? You would think that there's some ground to the right of the crazy left that could win in VA, but we have been burned by a lot of RINOs lately that concede a lot but still struggle to get elected.
I thought I responded to your comment but I don’t see it here. Completely agree. It’s tough. I don’t know how we combat the brainwashing taking place in the media and on social media. I cannot fathom some of the stuff fellow Crozetians believe. I saw several comments on ND about how Trump used “code language” on Parler to encourage the Jan 6 breaching of the Capitol. And there was a thread about people in red hats gathering behind a church downtown listening to someone with a megaphone. The poster said she felt fearful and was wondering if she should call the police. What the hell is wrong with people that they believe this crap!? Does it leave us in a position where we have to dumb down our platform so drastically in order to get some agreement from the other side that we’re left with nothing of substance? I

As soon as weather permits meeting outside I think we should try to have a get together of as many members as possible and come up with some sort of game plan as to how we can increase our membership and make a difference. Maybe someone with a little bit of property would be willing to host us?
I think the only way to deal with the sinkhole that is NoVA is going to be that the rest of the state flat out refuses to comply with insane laws they try to pass. That threat worked well when they first tried to pass terrible gun legislation when they took all state power and a lot of counties and localities signed sanctuary resolutions and basically said, nope, we're not going to enforce or abide by those. State govmt was forced to back off.

I think resistance is the only thing will work. Back then Trump was backing up VA patriots which helps. We're on our own now which makes it worse...but people have to resist nonsense.

Yea to getting together as weather permits. If anybody has land/space let us know!